Cruella de Vil – if she doesn’t scare you, no evil thing will! The second worst Disney villain (the ultimate worst is Scar, obviously) and I chose to be her for halloween this year! Mostly because Malachi makes an adorable dalmatian puppy, and talk about a good pairing for costumes!
Plus when I was looking through Jirka Väätäinen‘s “Real Life Disney Villains” gallery last year, I couldn’t help but notice Cruella and I shared that same half-smile trait.
Here’s how I put together the costume:
- LBD (Little Black Dress!) – I actually had this on hand because I wore it to Marshal’s ordination this past summer! I got mine from Maurices a couple years ago.
- Sheer black tights that I’ve owned for years
- Red heels, which I also wore to Marshal’s ordination. Mine are from Target.
- Red opera gloves from Amazon
- This wig from Amazon
- Faux fur coat from Light In the Box, it was the cheapest one I could find online – and it turned out perfect!
- And the finishing touch would definitely be the lipstick. I don’t have red lipstick so I went with the darkest I own, but true Cruella should probably have RED lipstick!
Bonus points: Halloween can be a cold time of year in Wisconsin! So wearing a costume that includes a coat is a great idea!
Marshal was "Where’s Waldo" this year, and the girls were unicorns. Next year I will see if the girls are willing to do an entire family coordinating costumes! The girls are not into dressing up a ton, they like to do their own thing which is fine by me!
Hope you have a happy and safe halloween!